Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Walking Together in Unity"

There's a place where God's blessing has been commanded--it's a place called, "Unity." Here's an excerpt from a message I delivered at New Hope Ministries in Naples, Florida, February 10, 2007.

think on these things...

"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! ...for there the Lord commanded the blessing..." --Psalm 133:1,3

"As you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. And I give myself entirely to you so they also might be entirely yours. I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me because of their testimony. My prayer for all of them is that they will be one, just as you and I are one, Father--that just as you are in me and I am in you, so they will be in us, and the world will believe you sent me. I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are--I in them and you in me, all being perfected into one. Then the world will know that you sent me and will understand that you love them as much as you love me." --John 17:18-23 (NLT)

No comments: